Sunday, December 29, 2013

Kids with special needs in books

Though many people don't know it there are lots of books about/with kids with special needs! Here are a couple of book that I have read, I am reading, and my friends have recommended:

Al Capone Does My Homework is a  book I am currently reading about a boy
and his family who live on Alcatraz in the early 1900's. In this book
he has a sister, Natalie, has autism! When she gets accused of burning
down his old house him and his friend will try to prove she's innocent!
So far it is an AMAZING book!



Another book I have read is Rules. In this book a girl writes
rules for her brother with autism. The cover represents
her rule "no toys in the fish tank". It has a weak ending, but
a good book none the less.





Please comment if you know anymore! If you write a recommendation I will put it on my post!