Friday, December 30, 2016

Robb's Birthday

     Tomorrow is one of my favorite days of the year because I not only get to celebrate the closing of one year and entry into another, but also Robb's entry into a new age, his birthday! I got him a funny Ketchup Lover's T-shirt and a custom swinging towel (he likes to swing around washcloths). Giving Robb a gift he likes is one of the best feelings because I can see the appreciation and happiness on his face, and I feel pretty confident he will be happy with both of these gifts. This year is Robb's 17th birthday, so a year from now he is going to become a legal adult. Though this causes me great nervousness along with excitement with many unanswered questions about what this will mean for Robb's life, right now I am going to focus on making Robb's year great. 

With this focus in mind, I urge everyone to make a New Year's resolution: Don't judge a person because they have different abilities. Instead, let them shape the person you are going to become. Every day Robb has made me a better person, and I know he will continue to inspire people in 2017.