Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Being Away From Robb

          I have not seen Robb for almost a month because he has been at camp, and while on the one hand I am so glad he is at a place where he is happy and active, it is hard to be away from him for so long. Robb's large contribution to daily conversation becomes very apparent by the  hole he leaves when he is gone. It is hard to explain in writing, Robb's large presence in conversations, but I think the sounds he makes really impacts every conversation. Robb always gets riled up and will yell during arguments, and he will laugh at all the jokes. If people start to talk about Robb like he isn't there he will always let out an occasional aaa, and often when there is a lull in the conversations he will also say aaa. If something is irritating him, he will say mum, and often look towards my mom to fix it. Robb's voice and his sounds blend and combine with what everyone elses making Robb the life and rhythm of day to day life. Without him there is less life in what we say, and the emotions conveyed become dull. I wanted to do a post about Robb's absence as a reminder to myself and everyone that we should never take anything or anyone for granted. I feel so lucky to have my two brothers, and I am counting down the days until I get to see Robb again!