Wednesday, October 10, 2018

A Moment

I cannot emphasize enough the unconditional love I have for Robb. It is as if he lets off light, and whenever in his presence, I cannot help but shine with him. For example, this weekend I was watching a movie with my brothers, and Robb decided that there needed to be some action. So he began to shake a painting on the wall until we would make a scene to stop him. When we tried ignoring the activity, he would go over and put some pizza in his mouth. Now Robb knows he cannot eat pizza, and he rarely ever actually eats it. However, he also knows that if he sticks it in his mouth, we will come over to be sure he does not eat the food.
When tired and trying to relax, it is easy to get irritated with the constant interruptions, but I cannot help but laugh when I see Robb's smile every time I give in to fix the painting or take the pizza from him. He tries to hold back a chuckle as he innocently walks over to sit down in a chair. He then clasps his hands together and smiles at me as if he had been sitting there all along. However, when we continue with the movie, he again gets back up and continues to divert attention. Any time we try to hide the pizza or move the painting, he takes it as a new challenge, and (as by this time I have already forgotten the movie we are watching), I spend the rest of the evening watching Robb's eyes darting around looking for his next point of attack.
I do not understand why this moment came to mind when I was reflecting on the love I have for my brother. However, I do not think I need to understand. There are so many things about my brother that I do not understand, but why focus on those things when I have such an amazing person in my life. So instead of overanalyzing, I am going to let this moment remain another memory that compiles my brother's story and my love for him.