Friday, March 20, 2015

Special Olympics 2015

  Yes it's that time of year again, and it is great! For those of you who don't know, Special Olympics is like the Olympics for people with special needs, and they have athletes who are doing it for fun, and athletes who are competitive. Robb does swimming, and in June he will get to compete in assisted swim with other athletes from the area.
  This year has been great so far, and I have actually gotten the chance to swim with Robb! After doing this I feel I have met Robb in a whole new way, he is so much happier in the water. It is a place where he can relax and be himself. We are now a team in a way, trying hard to make it through each lap. I also feel the other athletes act more comfortable around me, like before I was just the sister of an athlete and now I am in the water with them, I am one of them. I am a member of the team.
   I am going to end this blog post with our cheer:
As a special Olympian what's your job?
To do our best
As a team mate what's your job?
To support each other
Everyday
in every way
we get better and better
go Dolphins!